|A giant stone "snake" with a pointed head and a segmented body.|
This boss has attacks that deals quite a bit of damage, so be sure to have tier III weapons and armor as well as a full stack of 5 HP Potion III before the fight. All 4 body parts must be destroyed before the head can be damaged. Naja will also constantly move around the map, so either use the bow to damage it or follow it constantly if you insist on using other weapons.
Each body segment has its own attacks. Each will attack one at a time, starting from the last part. The attacks from the first two body parts have a high velocity, so be ready to roll at all times.
- The 4th body part (the part furthest from the head) marked with triangles spits out balls of lava that turns into puddles of lava when it hits the ground.
- The 3rd body part marked with squares spits out fire sprites that will follow Will and charge at him when they get close
- The 2nd body part marked with rhombuses shoots out fireballs in a rotating 'arm' patters, similar to the Carnivorous Mutae, except the fireballs are much tighter, and there's no room to weave around it.
- The 1st body part marked with circles shoots out a ring of fire in bursts of 2. The only way to avoid them is with a well-timed roll
- The head part will charge at Will if he gets too close, stunning him if hit.
- Occasionally, Naja will stop and all his body parts will shake. Then, all the body parts (that haven't been destroyed) will be launched out of Naja, bouncing off of walls and each other. The movements can be erratic, so pay attention to pieces that are on-screen and where they are going.
After all 4 body parts are destroyed, the head part will be stunned and vulnerable to damage. If you fail to destroy it while it's stunned, it will enrage, constantly charging at Will.
- Bring the right weapon to the fight; This boss is very mobile
- Using Big Swords can be viable if you can get close enough and swing fast enough before Naja moves. Since each individual body parts has its own health, you can damage more than one body part with every swing.
- Using the Swords and Shields, Spears, or Gloves can be viable if you can constantly follow Naja around the arena.
- Bows are recommended; since Naja always moves around, you likely won't be in melee range most of the time
|Desert Dungeon||High Levitation Core, Naja Jottings, Desert History I, Desert History II, Desert History III|