Intended addition with the Friends and Foes Update. Currently, there are 15 familiars players can acquire.
Getting a Familiar[edit | edit source]
To get a familiar, you will need to kill particular enemies 10 times, after which you will acquire an egg specific to that enemy, which does take up an inventory slot. The egg will appear in the special Farm you can find just outside of The Moonlighter after exiting the Dungeon. After 3 days, the egg will hatch, and you can access the Farm menu to be able to use your new pet!
Familiar Abilities[edit | edit source]
- 20% of your damage based on your equipped weapon
Familiar List[edit | edit source]
- Golem Turret Familiar (from Golem Turrets in the Golem Dungeon)
- Description: Sentinel turret unable to shoot constant streams of water. (shoots (1) Water Bullet per 1.5 seconds)
- Flying Golem Familiar (from Flying Repair Golems in the Golem Dungeon)
- Description: Flying golem made to collect materials and repair golems with them.
- Wind Tree Sprout Familiar (from Wind Trees in the Forest Dungeon)
- Description: Wind tree sprout modified to be able to walk and use its wind to create wind flows.
- Blade Tree Sprout Familiar (from Blade Trees in the Forest Dungeon)
- Description: Modified sprout whose leaves are as sharp as a sword.
- Mother Golem Familiar (from Mother Golems in the Desert Dungeon)
- Description: Golem called "mother" by the locals due to its tendency to spawn fire elementals as a way of attacking.
- Bard Puppet Familiar (from Bard Puppets in the Desert Dungeon)
- Description: Dancing puppet made to support his companion with cheerful dances.
- Recharger Familiar (from Rechargers in the Tech Dungeon)
- Description: Support buddy that can use its lightning bolt to transform an enemy body into a potion.
- Graaf Generator Familiar (from Graaf Generators in the Tech Dungeon)
- Description: Tech being that protects its companion by patroling around him and dashing everything that gets near.
- Mimic Familiar (from Mimics in any Dungeon)
- Description: Friendly mimic able to attack near enemies and carry items inside of it.
- Golem Baby Slime Familiar (from Baby Slimes in the Golem Dungeon)
- Description: Tiny slime from the Golem Dungeon that gives the stun effect to its master's weapon.
- Forest Baby Slime Familiar (from Baby Poison Slimes in the Forest Dungeon)
- Description: Tiny slime from the Forest Dungeon that gives the poison effect to its master's weapon.
- Desert Baby Slime Familiar (from Baby Fire Slimes in the Desert Dungeon)
- Description: Fire slime from the Desert Dungeon that gives the burning effect to its master's weapon.
- Tesla Baby Slime Familiar (from Baby Electric Slimes in the Tech Dungeon)
- Description: Electric slime from the Tech Dungeon that gives the electrifying effect to its master's weapon.
Between Dimensions DLC[edit | edit source]
The DLC includes 2 new familiars. The baby slime familiars are available to all players, regardless of if they own the DLC.
- Gas Suit Familiar (from Gas Suits in the Wanderer Dungeon)
- Description: Coming from a strange dimension it is able to use gas to fill the area with dangerous gas clouds.
- Spike Chain Familiar (from Spike Chains in the Wanderer Dungeon)
- Description: Small living armor swinging a chained metal ball to protect its master.